Last week we made vegan Arugula Pesto with Foods Alive ingredients. Now it’s time for dessert! Amanda from Sea Salt & Cinnamon says this recipe is, “my absolute favorite and the most comforting dessert I can think of.”
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies 🍪
1 1/2cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp tapioca flour (or cornstarch)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup almond milk (or any non dairy milk)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup non dairy chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
Any kind of nut — walnuts or pecans are our favorite
Top with a few pieces of coarse sea salt (great for people who may not love sweets)
Fold in Dandie’s marshmallows and watch your family’s mind be blown! 🙌🏻
- Gather dry ingredients into 1 bowl
- Gather wet ingredients and sugar into another bowl
- Mix wet ingredients well until ingredients come together
- Add in dry ingredients until mixed
- Fold in chocolate chips (or any other add ins)
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll dough into 12 equal balls
- Flatten balls into cookie shape
- Bake at 350F for 14 minutes
- Let cool 10-15 minutes
We’ll let you draw your own conclusion about whether you sneak a few bites of cookie dough…
- I replaced regular flour with coconut flour, using about 3/4 cup.
- I used cornstarch and cashew milk.
- My cookies looked done (nice and brown on top), but probably could have used a couple more minutes in the oven as they were a little soft. But so delicious!!!
- Sea salt on top was divine!