What does a Volunteer Organizer do?
HEC Volunteer Organizers help spread important information to Hoosiers across the state. They help inform citizens about environmental legislation in the Statehouse; spread their knowledge and passion through attending events; and perform outreach via phone and social media; and more!
Join us! You’ll make a big impact for Indiana’s environment, get recognized on social media & in our e-news, network with environmental leaders, and much more.
Designation of Organizer Status is contingent on:
- Completion of all training modules
- 20 hours of volunteer hours
- At least 4 hour commitment per month, post-training
For All Leaders:
- Free HEC t-shirt after first 20 volunteer hours
- First chance at “top” tabling opportunities (concerts, festivals, etc.) after 30 volunteer hours (post-pandemic)
- Attendance at HEC End of Legislative Session Celebration after 40 volunteer hours
- Other opportunities to earn gift cards to HEC Green Businesses
- Being listed on HEC’s website
- Being recognized on HEC social media and, periodically, on e-news
Additionally for College Students & Young Professionals:
- Letter of Reference after accumulating 25 volunteer hours
Please contact Emily Plunkett, HEC’s Manager of Outreach, to sign up and learn more details!