Pledging to save your water can make big impacts. This month you can make small changes to conserve water around your home.
The average family uses 300 gallons of water every day with over 60% used indoors. However, watering turf grass accounts for the most water usage compared to any other residential use.
If Indiana does not make changes to our water usage, we could face a future shortage. This could cause rising water prices, use restrictions, and limitations to recreational lakes and rivers
Here’s what you can do!
- Let your lawn go brown/dormant OR only water 2 times a week early in the morning
- Do not water your lawn on overly hot or windy days
- Switch to native or drought-resistant plants
- Use all the water that comes out of your faucet
- Update your home with water and energy-efficient appliances and fixtures
- Take the CCCW Pledge
How to Make a Difference
Landscape with Native Plants
Work with an HEC Green Business to transform your landscape with native plants! Greenscape Geeks, Eco Logic, Franklin Brothers, S&L Environmental Group, Mark M. Holeman Landscape, Blue Fox Farms, Deep Roots Landscape Design, KG Acres Farm, and Strand Nursery are all experts in Indiana native plants.
Take the Pledge!
Take the Clear Choices Clean Water pledge.
Support the Hoosier Environmental Council’s work to protect Indiana’s water resources.