What do your closet, our air and our water have in common?
You want them all to be clean!
Join us in cleaning out your closets for clean water.
- Have your team clean out their closets for an Aveda Earth Month spring cleaning sale.
- Invite your guests to also donate items to be sold — see social media kit below.
- Set up a mini resale boutique in your salon or sell online in April. Download this sign to display in your salon resale boutique.
- Sell items and donate the proceeds to the Hoosier Environmental Council.
Social Media Kit
Invite your salon guests to donate items for your fundraiser. Here are some suggested posts and graphics you can use on Facebook and Instagram. To use the graphics, click to open the full size image, right-click and save to your computer. Please tag HEC (Facebook: @hecweb; Instagram: @hoosierenvcouncil.
Virtual Selling Options
- Facebook Marketplace
- Nextdoor Sell for Good
- Post items you are selling on Instagram with #HECSpringCleaning and they will appear on a feed at hecweb.org/springcleaning. HEC will be promoting this page throughout the month, directing potential customers your way.
Tips for a successful virtual garage sale
- Take great photos of your items.
- Provide as many details as possible (ie. size, colors, measurements, wear & tear, etc.).
- As items sell, remember to mark them as SOLD!
- Take special COVID precautions by cleaning your items well and share these precautions with prospective buyers.
- Price items fairly.
- State the types of payments you will accept.
- Set a time limit on your sale.
- Respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Tell your customers that they are supporting clean water and air with their purchase!