Take action for better transit in Indianapolis!
Vote YES on Question 2 for improved transit service
Question 2 — the Marion County Public Question on your November 8th ballot — asks voters to approve up to a one quarter of one percent local income tax to fund improved transit service. If approved, the new funding would help implement the Marion County Transit Plan, which provides for major improvements in IndyGo bus service, with shorter wait times, later service into the evenings and more weekend service.
The new transit plan also includes establishment of three rapid transit corridors along the highest ridership corridors, including the north-south Bus Rapid Transit Red Line. Phase 1 of the Red Line will run from Broad Ripple south to the University of Indianapolis. Learn more about the Red Line here.
Here’s what you can do in advance of the vote on November 8th:
- “Get on board” the Transit Drives Indy coalition by signing up at transitdrivesindy.org.
- Attend an upcoming “community conversation” on the Marion County Transit Plan.
- Put up a Transit Drives Indy yard sign.
- Help make phone calls to likely voters one night a week at a location near you.
- If you are a member of a service club, non-profit organization, or neighborhood association, schedule a TDI representative to come and speak to your group.
- Share Transit Drives Indy news and information on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat pages.
Learn more about the many benefits of public transit at Transit Drives Indy.