Aveda Earth Month 2017 – For Aveda Salons
Aveda Earth Month Online Silent Auction
Would you like to donate an item to our Online Silent Auction? Send your item description (min. value of $75), plus 3-5 photos (including your logo) to Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting on April 1, display your silent auction item in your salon for all your guests to see. Also, please promote the auction on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, your e-newsletter, and any other marketing outlets you use. The auction will be live April 1 – 30.
The highest bidder for your item will either pick up their item or pay to have it shipped. Payment can be made directly to Hoosier Environmental Council or to the salon (checks made out to Hoosier Environmental Council) and should be made before or at the time of pick-up/shipment. Your salon will get credit toward your Earth Month goal for your item’s earnings.
Aveda Earth Month Idea Bank – a compilation of fundraising ideas, plus information about HEC’s clean water initiatives.
Toolkit Request Form – This year we will provide toolkits for several of the Aveda Earth Month Idea Bank activities. Toolkits include mirror talkers, raffle tickets, swag, and other materials to help you be successful in your Aveda Earth Month efforts.
Mirror talkers can be downloaded and printed from the below links, or you may request to have them mailed to you using the above Toolkit Request Form.
- General HEC – from Lake Michigan to the Ohio River
- General HEC – Your Donation Helps…
- General HEC – HEC is the voice of the people for the environment in Indiana.
- HEC Mounds Greenway
- Tips – Native Plants, Phosphorus-free Fertilizer, Sustainable Agriculture
- Tips – Be An Engaged Citizen!
- Tips – Meatless Mondays
Aveda’s support allows the Hoosier Environmental Council to do work that protects all of the waters in Indiana, bordering Indiana, and those that are downstream. Many of our initiatives could have impacts as far as two of the Great Lakes, the Ohio River and even the Gulf of Mexico.
- HEC is working to support legislation that will help protect Indiana streams from untreated sewage.
- Our Sustainable Agriculture Program is working to reduce the amount of manure that gets into streams.
- Our Coal Ash Program leads a statewide coalition that is working to reduce the contaminants from coal ash that are currently seeping into the Ohio, Kankakee, White and Wabash Rivers.
- HEC is leading the efforts to build the Mounds Greenway, which will conserve land along the White River from Muncie to Anderson. The Greenway will protect the river from run-off, preserve habitat for wildlife, and create a hiking and biking trail that will connect Muncie all the way to Indianapolis.